Welcome to Sew in the Snow Blog

This blog is about my passions in life: family, quilting, and new adventures. Quilting is my main passion! I also love my family tirelessly and devote most of my energy to my young preschool girls and my husband. This blog will be about my creative process in quilting and some about being a Mom in this busy world. Being of Irish descent, I love a good story. So buckle in, here we go!

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Kindergarten start up


Jessie and Claire Best Friends
Kindergarten has begun.  It's been a challenging adjustment. It's been hard for both the girls to be separated for so long each day. They are best friends and play together so much!   The first few mornings were filled with tears for Claire.  After dropping her off, Claire would get very quiet, then exclaim, "I miss Jessie!  I need my sister."  It was so hard, she was inconsolable!  My heart broke to experience her sorrow and nothing I did made it better.  She was morose.  However, Claire is getting used to it now. Jessie has done very well, much better than I expected.  She has only cried twice.  I am very proud of her!  She is so brave.

Claire and I are on our own

I had prayed for a teacher that would fit Jessie's personality and God has answered my prayer!  He gave us a great teacher!  She is very experienced, kind, and no-nonsense.  She is even left landed like Jessie!  She also loves nature, and takes the kids out frequently.  They've gone on field trips to Creamers Field each week.  Claire and I have gone along on two of the field trips, which has made both of them so excited!  Claire even got to spend an hour in the classroom with Jessie while I was volunteering/ helping with picture day.  They were both so ecstatic to be together in the classroom!  My heart sang to see them sharing the new experience of playing in a classroom together.

Lots of hugs

Some of Jessie's highlights have been recess, gym, and the classroom bunny named "Blue".  The first few days all she talked about was recess.  All the kindergartens (3 classes) get to play at recess at the same time without the big kids.  She has a friend, Anastasia, that's in a another class and she gets to see her at recess. They run around like a little gang with several other little girls.  In gym she has learned how to do the hula-hoop!  Very exciting stuff.  I remember when I learned how to do the hula-hoop!  I used to practice for hours with my brothers.  He he... boys doing the hula hoop.  Enough about me.

Jessie's classroom pet Blue gets to hop around the class sometimes.  She loved it when he got turned loose for the first time.  The kids got to follow him around the room, playing Follow the Leader with a bunny.  How delightful!
Blue the classroom mascot

So, we're adjusting.  For me, I've been playing, hugging, and reading a lot to the girls as they've needed some extra love lately.  I have volunteered for an entire morning once each week.  It's very busy.  I joined the PTA... And survived the first meeting.  Yuck.  I hate meetings.  Next time I'll bring my knitting!

I'd love to hear any beginning school stories from you.  Sorry it's been so long!  I should be able to do more regular notes now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be considerate of others in your comment. Thank you.