Welcome to Sew in the Snow Blog

This blog is about my passions in life: family, quilting, and new adventures. Quilting is my main passion! I also love my family tirelessly and devote most of my energy to my young preschool girls and my husband. This blog will be about my creative process in quilting and some about being a Mom in this busy world. Being of Irish descent, I love a good story. So buckle in, here we go!

Friday, August 10, 2012

FAF: Doug of SDI Woodworking

I have had the privilege of trading and buying kid's spinning tops from Doug, the owner and creator of SDI Woodworking on Etsy.  He does a magnificent job with the wood!  I loved his work so much, I just had to share with you all.


I have a neighbor that has a 4 year old boy.  He seems to have a ton of toys already, so it was difficult to know what to get him for his upcoming birthday present.  I leisurely scanned through the wood section of Etsy looking for gifts.  When I saw the picture above my search was arrested;  I marveled at the beautiful range of wood.  It is so perfect with the natural glow of the wood grain shining through!




We arranged a trade for an equally priced handbag from my Sew in the Snow shop on Etsy.  I eagerly awaited the gift in the mail.  It was so smooth and perfectly balanced!  It also came with two little tops as well.  I love these tops.  My kids were with me when I opened it, so we had to test them out.  We spent over an hour playing with all three tops.  It was so much fun.  Even my 3 year old could spin the little one!  We got a big one (about 5") that has a pull-string on it.  It is difficult to manage for the kids, but I think they'll learn how to balance it soon.



We decided that we had to keep the tops we ordered.... so I ordered another set for the birthday party.  That arrived today!  How exciting!  I thought I was getting 3 little tops, but he gave us 5!  What a delightful surprise!




Doug is a very talented craftsman. I highly recommend his shop to anyone looking for well-made wood products.  You won't be sorry...  I sure wasn't!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be considerate of others in your comment. Thank you.