Welcome to Sew in the Snow Blog

This blog is about my passions in life: family, quilting, and new adventures. Quilting is my main passion! I also love my family tirelessly and devote most of my energy to my young preschool girls and my husband. This blog will be about my creative process in quilting and some about being a Mom in this busy world. Being of Irish descent, I love a good story. So buckle in, here we go!

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

WIP: Binding Day

I looked at my closet to dig out more fabric to start a baby quilt, and I realized that I had 3 quilts waiting for bindings.  So, after a loving pat to my cute fabrics, I decided to do the deed and bind my quilts!

The first one is a dinosaur toddler quilt for a boy.  It is a simple quilt made for charity, but I like how it turned out.  The big panel even has  the dinosaurs names on it!

The second one is a jelly roll quilt I made to sell.  I didn't like how bland the colors were, so I added extra dark oranges and some dark browns from my stash.  It isn't my usual color range, but I really like the pattern!  I'm thinking of doing it again in purple and greens.  I have a jelly roll from Christmas that I've been saving.... It could be perfect for this!

The final one is also a jelly roll quilt. It's my favorite!  I love purple and green together.  The fabrics are from a Christmas exchange of half a jelly roll (20 strips).   I added in some of my own fabrics too.  It's now on my bed.



Both of the jellyroll quilts are patterns from a book titled: Jelly Roll Quilts by Pam and Nicky Lintott.  I really like the selection of quilts that they have designed in there.  I highly recommend it!

I'll try and get pictures of the completed quilts later this week.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be considerate of others in your comment. Thank you.