Welcome to Sew in the Snow Blog

This blog is about my passions in life: family, quilting, and new adventures. Quilting is my main passion! I also love my family tirelessly and devote most of my energy to my young preschool girls and my husband. This blog will be about my creative process in quilting and some about being a Mom in this busy world. Being of Irish descent, I love a good story. So buckle in, here we go!

Monday, April 9, 2012

Sping Embroidery

It's spring time in Alaska.  Which is very different than spring time in the Lower 48.  Here in Fairbanks it means that the snow is melting, the sun is out more than 12 hours/day, and it's warm out --above 25 degrees F during the day.  This week it's supposed to be nearly 50 degrees F  all week.  Soon we'll be seeing the ground!  yahoo!

This weekend I switched out my winter parka for my spring jackets.  Since we have very little wind here, most of my spring jackets are polar fleece.  I have several polar fleece jacket and vests to layer depending on the weather.  I decided to embroider some of them this weekend.

I started with a set of 6 fairies embroideries that I love.  Then I choose the jackets and started in.  I got two done this weekend.  Check it out!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be considerate of others in your comment. Thank you.