Welcome to Sew in the Snow Blog

This blog is about my passions in life: family, quilting, and new adventures. Quilting is my main passion! I also love my family tirelessly and devote most of my energy to my young preschool girls and my husband. This blog will be about my creative process in quilting and some about being a Mom in this busy world. Being of Irish descent, I love a good story. So buckle in, here we go!

Friday, April 27, 2012

FAF: Uniquely Nancy

New York Beauty
The last couple of weeks I have found myself drawn to quilts made by Uniquely Nancy on Etsy.  For instance, when I looked up "red and white quilt" I was immediately drawn to her beautiful quilt, New York Beauty in Red and White.  She has an eye for cheerful color and lovely quilts.  As she states in her profile, "I love using bright fabrics and unexpected color combinations. I love all the new art quilts and have so many ideas of what I want to make that I have a hard time deciding what to do next."



She has been sewing for 50 years and quilting for over 20 years.   She has a broad range of items available in her shop: art quilts, bed quilts, mug rugs, aprons, bags and purses of all sorts,  and even some dolls.  All of her items are superbly made which demonstrates her love of the craft. 




Here's a look at some of  my favorite things from her shop!  I really like the bright colors and the eclectic collection of items.  I like to sew/quilt the same way... with wild abandon moving as the wind blows.  Whatever strikes my fancy, I make.  It'd be hard to classify myself or Nancy with any particular style because she has such a wide variety of products.  Enjoy looking at her products, I sure did!












To see her shop sections which I found these treasures, click on these links:
coin purses
bags
quilts
housewares




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be considerate of others in your comment. Thank you.