Welcome to Sew in the Snow Blog

This blog is about my passions in life: family, quilting, and new adventures. Quilting is my main passion! I also love my family tirelessly and devote most of my energy to my young preschool girls and my husband. This blog will be about my creative process in quilting and some about being a Mom in this busy world. Being of Irish descent, I love a good story. So buckle in, here we go!

Monday, May 14, 2012

Mothers Day




Happy mothers day... One day late. I had a lovely day. I got some yard work done and had a delightful brunch at home with my Mom and my family. It was very relaxing.





I have been thinking of putting in a new plant bed by our deck in the backyard for a couple of years now. Finally, I got it started! I dug up the grass, then added in fresh organic soil. We bought a new rototiller that I got to try out in the new bed. It worked like a champ! It was so much easier than doing it all by hand with a shovel. ;)  I did all of this in one afternoon!  Hurrah!






I have lots of bulbs to plant still, including: Lily of the Valley, Oriental Lilies, Calla Lillie's, Gladiolus, and a few more. I planted a lavender lilac, and I have two fragrant tea roses to plant also. I think it's going to be lovely and very fragrant. My girls have had a lot of fun watering the plants each day. They are less enthusiastic about watering the dirt... But I explained that there's flowers in there too.  Of course, Claire loves to pour water on anything, so she is a big help.  Fortunately, our soil drains well.




I am ecstatic it's spring in full swing.  I sure love spring. The most hopeful of seasons. It is ripe with possibilities. My mind pleasantly flies around imagining all the beautiful flowers and fun times spent outdoors with family and friends. I think I may be part Druid. (I did play one once in an MMO.)  I could simply live outdoors forever.

I hope you have a happy spring and a fulfilling Mothers Day. I'd love to hear about what you did to celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be considerate of others in your comment. Thank you.