Welcome to Sew in the Snow Blog

This blog is about my passions in life: family, quilting, and new adventures. Quilting is my main passion! I also love my family tirelessly and devote most of my energy to my young preschool girls and my husband. This blog will be about my creative process in quilting and some about being a Mom in this busy world. Being of Irish descent, I love a good story. So buckle in, here we go!

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

WIP: Knitting a Sweater

Sweater pattern by Zoe Mellor

 I have never knit a whole sweater before. I have a great book titled, Adorable Knits for Tots by Zoe Mellor.  I love nearly all of the patterns.  I have looked at this cute zip-up jacket (p. 100-103) for awhile.  I learned how to put in zippers this winter, so now it's possible.  I think it's time for me to make something larger than a hat. 

I decided to try one for my 3 year old daughter.  I figure it's best to start small then move up to one for me. It's a cute raspberry color done in the moss/seed stitch. (See picture above for completed pattern.) I haven't made it very far yet, but here's the beginning.   I think it'll take awhile.... So hang in there and look for updates!



I haven't done any sewing all week (gasp) because I've had a bad cold, or more properly termed influenza. It's dreadful. So, I have occasionally had the energy to knit for a little bit, but mostly I've been collapsing. I had found myself wishing for a "normal" job so I could take a day off-- something full time caretakers (or stay at home) or Moms don't get. When I'm sick I long for the days I could call in sick and then sleep and read a book in complete silence while I was recovering. Ah... The good old days. LOL.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be considerate of others in your comment. Thank you.