Welcome to Sew in the Snow Blog

This blog is about my passions in life: family, quilting, and new adventures. Quilting is my main passion! I also love my family tirelessly and devote most of my energy to my young preschool girls and my husband. This blog will be about my creative process in quilting and some about being a Mom in this busy world. Being of Irish descent, I love a good story. So buckle in, here we go!

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Green & Orange Quilt Athena's Puzzle: A Work in Progress

Today I'm working on a batik quilt with rich earth tones: deep oranges, midnight blues, watery greens, and warm tans.  I've worked with these colors before in a traditional log cabin pattern, as seen here:
 http://www.etsy.com/listing/87979277/orange-logcabin-quilt-batik-fisherman

 I have it for sale in my Etsy shop, Sew in the Snow.  It is a beautiful quilt for anyone, male or female. 





The new pattern is Athena's Puzzle, made from the "Greek-key" blocks on point.  The pattern makes a twin size quilt, however I'm going to make it into a smaller lap quilt. 

For some reason, the colors are not speaking to me today.  Weird!  I think I'm stuck in Valentine's mode with lots of bright colors and rich chocolates. Yum.

Do you ever get stuck in a color or pattern rut when quilting? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be considerate of others in your comment. Thank you.